The vibrancy of life in South Orange County and the commitment of the Community is such a joy to be witness to as 2015 has begun in earnest. One example of such vibrancy was ever so evident as we here @ #outsiders joined the Tiburon District Committee on Wednesday, it was ever so. As noted in the "Tiburon on the Web" Site:
|Posted on Jan 8 2015 - 10:41pm|
We here @ "Tiburon on the Web" joined the District Committee deliberations as it held its' first meeting of the New Year earlier this week and the 2015 District Team was elected. Here are some highlights:
- Annual District Dinner: It will be held at Corpus Christi. On January 30, 2015.
- Our District Commissioner, Mr. Dart, provided an overview of the recharters
- Our District Advancement Chair shared an overview of the momentous achievements by our Eagle Class of 2014.
- Please click here for the overview.
- Planning for the Cub Scout Day Camp is in full force. Please mark your calender for the week of August 10-August 14.
- Camporee 2015 is also being planned out by our 2015 Camporee Chair.
- The dates are April 24-April 26. Further updates will be forthcoming within the next 30 days
- The District Merit Badge Training Session--spread headed by Mr. Pugh & Mrs. Kharlieh--will be held on Feburary 12.
- Please mark your calenders for Earth Day 2015 on April 18.
- Please click here for all the details.
- Woodbadge 2015 is before us. There is still space available.
It is amazing how such selfless souls with a multitude of responsibilities continue to step and show up everytime. This was ever so exemplified as we also joined the Monthly Round table at the Tiburon District as a very remarkable young man spoke about his experience as he thereafter decided to "get into Politics' and now serves as Policy Advisor to newly-elected Supervisor Lisa Bartlett.
As the week drew to a close, being witness to the vibrancy of Aliso Niguel High School was ever so evident. The Aliso Niguel Soccer Team was out there, the Aliso Niguel Basketball Team was battling El Toro And a group of committed parents were spread heading a fundraiser for the Aliso Niguel Music Department--what was ever amazing was that they were going to be again "back at it" at 7 AM This morning.
How can one repay such dedication and commitment?